Compatible with OSA 5548C and OSA 5335
Synchronization Supply Units (SSU) are widely deployed for SONET/SDH legacy network synchronization in carrier and enterprise network infrastructure. With the migration to packet-switched network technology and SONET/SDH continuing to be used in production networks, the smooth migration from legacy to next-generation network synchronization becomes a critical task.
IEEE 1588v2 Precision Time Protocol (PTP) has been established for precise frequency, phase and time-of day synchronization across packet networks. In addition to deploying stand-alone PTP Grandmaster devices, PTP Grandmaster functionality can be integrated into existing SSU and TSG solutions, leveraging existing infrastructure and enabling smooth migration.
The High-Capacity Telecom IEEE 1588 PTP Module from Oscilloquartz is designed to deliver precise and reliable synchronization from existing SSU platforms. It supports
a large and market-leading number of PTP slave clients and is compatible with the OSA 5548C SSU/TSG platforms as well as the OSA 5335 modular PTP Grandmaster.
The scalable and modular design allows operators to increase the number of PTP clients as their network grows.
- PTP Grandmaster module for highly accurate synchronization
- Compliant with ITU-T G.8272 Primary Reference Time Clock
- Compliant with ITU-T G.8265.1 Telecom Profile for frequency delivery
- Compliant with ITU-T G.8275.1 Telecom Profile for phase and time delivery
- Synchronous Ethernet according to ITU-T G.8262 and G.8264
- High slave capacity with up to 1024 PTP clients per module
- Support 1:1 card redundancy
- Scalable system architecture and software licensing