Synchronization Supply Unit (SSU)
Our OSA 5548C Synchronization Supply Unit is a scalable synchronization solution rangingfrom 20 unprotected outputs up to 1,000 protected outputs by adding up to four expansion shelves to the core unit. Its ultra-compact footprint makes it ideal for telecom operators to provide scalable network synchronization in over-crowded exchanges.
The distributed intelligence message passing system of our OSA 5548C SSU eliminates single points of failure and guarantees reliable uptime. Core unit and expansion shelves share the same modules, minimizing overall administrative complexity and enabling reduced homologation activity.
- Latest generation of SSU with 6U, 19” or ETSI shelves
- Intuitive and modular architecture adapted to all telecom node sizes
- Up to 200 protected (1:1) E1/2.048MHz outputs
- Expandable System to provide up to 1000 protected outputs (1:1)
- G.811 PRC with optional dual GPS and/or GLONASS cards and G.812 Type I, II or III SSU holdovers
- Universal Output & Input card design
- Fully manageable with intuitive Local and Remote Graphical User Interface
- Optional NTP and PTP modules
- 1:1 Protection for every card and function
High-Capacity 1588 PTP Module
The High-Capacity Telecom IEEE 1588 PTP Module from Oscilloquartz is designed to deliver precise and reliable synchronization from existing SSU platforms. It supports
a large and market-leading number of PTP slave clients and is compatible with the OSA 5548C SSU/TSG platforms as well as the OSA 5335 modular PTP Grandmaster.
TCC-PTP – IEEE 1588 Card
The Precision Time Protocol (PTP) is a solution for the distribution of synchronization over packet networks such as IP, IP/MPLS, Ethernet, IP/xPON and IP/xDSL networks.
TCC-NTP – NTP Server Card
Oscilloquartz’s high performance TCC-NTP (Time Code Card Network Time Protocol) module together with the OSA 5548C SSU delivers a complete NTP solution to any IP-based network.