Syncplug PTP Grandmaster on SFP
Our OSA 5401 Syncplug™ is a highly accurate and uniquely efficient small form-factor pluggable (SFP) grandmaster clock and Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) receiver, with the smallest footprint and most compact design on the market. It brings precise IEEE 1588v2 Precision Time Protocol (PTP) frequency and phase synchronization as well as Synchronous Ethernet deeper into access networks, including radio access and small cell networks.
With its miniature form factor and low-touch provisioning, this new synchronization solution can be deployed in the most space-restrictive environments. No additional power source or real estate is needed, since it can be easily integrated into existing network elements.
The timing-optimized, dual-frequency GNSS receiver achieves excellent performance even in urban canyons. Design and network redundancy techniques provide resilience against local GNSS jamming.
- Syncplug™ technology for highly accurate timing distribution with smallest footprint. Compatible with SFP electrical MSA
- Built-in GNSS receiver supporting fully-featured PRTC and IEEE 1588-2008 (PTP) grandmaster
- Brings precise IEEE 1588v2 PTP frequency and phase synchronization to radio access networks and small cells
- Easily plugs into hosting devices. No additional power or space is required
- OEM product customization for host vendor branding
- Decouples development of network element from implementation of GNSS receiver
- Robust design with local Stratum 3E oscillator and Sync-E input; fallback in case of GNSS outage
- Extended operating temperature range